Search our available inventory of quality rental homes here...

My Wish

Can't find the perfect home?...
let us help, tell us what you're looking for.....

My Caymus

Manage your account online w/ Caymus Properties

Property Management in Sacramento : Has Your Rental Home Flooded?


Flooding is the most common type of natural disaster worldwide, and unfortunately, Sacramento has the highest risk of levee failure flooding than any other U.S. city. While it can seem like an insurmountable task, drying out your rental home as soon as possible after a flood is essential to your property and your tenants' health and safety. Read on to learn more about this important property ownership topic, brought to you the agents of property management in Sacramento.


Neglecting to properly dry out your flooded rental home can cause numerous safety hazards. There is a serious risk of electrocution in a house affected by a flood. Since furnaces and some water heaters are connected to the electrical system, stepping into standing water in the same area could be dangerous for your renters. If there is a significant amount of water in the basement, call the power company and tell them to disconnect the service or ask an electrician to check to make sure it's safe. There is also the added risk of drowning, especially in a house with young children, so tell your tenants to exercise extreme caution and supervision.


Lastly, an improperly dried home can lead to future household issues. A landlord's nightmare, mold begins to grow twenty-four to twenty-eight hours after a flood, so begin drying out your rental home as soon as possible to prevent its proliferation. While you can dry your rental out naturally, it can take months. It may benefit you and your tenants to employ the services of qualified professionals to get your rental back to normal as fast as possible. If you engage the services of a Sacramento, CA property management company, you can rest assured that qualified agents will take care of any necessary repairs and upkeep for you.